Monday 15 September 2014

[OUTFIT] Blanc et Noir

For friends who know me personally or friends who've been reading my blog or following me on Instagram, you'd know I'm a huge fan of prints.
I'm definitely not one you'd classify as minimalist. 
But for this outfit, 
I decided to try out something different from my usual style.

I've been very inspired by the wide leg palazzo pants look that's been trending all through spring and summer.
Contrary to popular belief about palazzo pants being only for tall thin women/models, 
I think someone who's vertically challenged can also pull off this look with the right kind of pairing and foot wear of course!

To balance out the wide leg silhouette, I chose to pair it with a simple loose fit sleeveless white button down which was perfect for our tropical weather.
I'd also pair it with fitted tops but personally I'd prefer to strike a balance by pairing with  
off-shoulder designs or horizontal stripes.    

The long length of the pants actually added height to my petite frame when paired with heels.
The height of the heels will also be affected by the length of your pants.
For mine, I think I altered it a tad too short for me to actually wear higher heels so I chose to pair it with this silver kitten heel to give it a metallic modern touch that went well with my necklace, earrings and watch.
Though the heels are not very high, I felt super tall in my palazzo pants that day!
Totally loving the roomy leg space too :)





Rouge










Top: Vintage
Pants: AforArcade
Bag: La Palette
Heels: Charles & Keith
Necklace: Colette by Colette Hayman

Have a great week ahead!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment