Thursday 30 October 2014

Birthday Celebration Part 1 - The Landing Point at The Fullerton Bay Hotel

October is my favourite month of the year not just because its my birthday month but its also the month where everyone( technically only those in the northern hemisphere) welcomes the arrival of Autumn! 
I'd love to experience this beautiful season for myself at least once in my life.
I picture it to be in gorgeous and rich shades of oranges, yellows and browns!
Thank goodness for Instagram,
I'm able to travel and experience all seasons through the eyes of the accounts I follow :)

Anyway for the first part of my birthday celebration, 
my mom gave Alex & I a treat to the The Landing Point's 3 tier English high tea at The Fullerton Bay Hotel.
We were a little early for the hightea so we went by Flock Cafe at Tiong Bahru for a cuppa and a Lemon Tart before heading to for the high tea.

The latteart never fails to make me happy :)
And I'm wearing a pretty little handmade macaron heart bracelet from my beautiful friend Jenny's etsy shop.
Isn't it so photogenic?
<3   


Off we go to The Fullerton Bay Hotel for our 3 tier high tea!
The interior of the hotel is so grand and gorgeous with its high ceilings and full length windows that allowed plenty of natural light to stream through.
It wasn't difficult to find a spot around the hotel that wasn't photogenic.

So here we are, this is the place where they serve another 3 tier hightea; 
The Heritage High Tea which consists of a combination of local and Peranakan delights 
(e.g.: Hei Bi Hiam Toast)

But we weren't going for the Heritage High Tea, so we headed over to the Landing point for our English High Tea.

Though we had made reservations before hand, the host took his own sweet time to show us to our table though the place was not crowded.
It also took quite a long while for them to take our order but I'm determined to take my time, relax and enjoy the hightea.


Since we were all pretty full from coffee earlier, 
we decided to order only one set to share.    
We were then told that if we order only one set to share among three people, we can't get any refills for both food and drinks.
So okay fine, we ordered an ala carte drink for Alex while my mom and I both had the pot of tea included in the set.







After the hightea, we went around to take some pictures since its such a beautiful hotel!
Would love to have a staycation here one day :)








Verdict?
Ambience: 5/5
Food: 3/5
Service: 2.5/5
The place is great for family and friends get togethers, pretty decor and setting but will we go back there?
Maybe or maybe not..

No comments:

Post a Comment